2012-2014 Research Priorities
What are marketers' top concerns? Trustees have called for new thinking and research on customer insights, the purchase journey, and big data, among other marketing challenges.
- Priority 1: Insight into people in their roles as consumers
- Priority 2: Rethinking the journey to purchase and beyond, whether conceptualized as a funnel or a more iterative process
- Priority 3: Designing experiences, not products. What accounts for experiences that are remembered, interesting, repeated, and valued?
- Priority 4: Mobile platforms and their impact on how people live their lives and the operation of markets
- Priority 5: Trust between people and their institutions and in social networks
- Priority 6: Big data
- Priority 7: Marketing organizations and capabilities